Subject: Re: [Leica] European vacation Part 2
From: "Alan Hull" <hull@vaggeryd.mail.telia.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 09:38:45 +0100

The original post (asking for advice) mentioned Scandinavia.  Here's my 2
dollars worth.  Bring Booze.   Load up before you get to Sweden.  Denmark
is a good place to do it.  Even if you do not use it yourself you MUST
bring some.  The Customs will be very suspicious if you have none at all.
They won't believe you and may rip your car and baggage apart looking for
other substances.  Liquor stores are State Owned in Sweden and are only
open during office hours, Monday to Friday.   One day last year I was
caught short when visitors arrived one Weekend.  When I complained to the
System Bolaget, which is the liqour outlet, I was politely informed that
"...if I must have an impromptu party on a Saturday, I must organise it
before Friday.."

Alan Hull