Subject: [Leica] R8: angel crashed and burned
From: Bob Parsons <bobp@dodo.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 11:22:07 +0000

On  Wed, 11 Mar 1998 04:13:23 EST Bob wrote:

>Ted:
>I'm glad your R8 works fine.  Fortunately I have had no problem with
>mine. However, the winder that I received yesterday doesn't work.
>I have been asked to send the camera and the winder to Leica for
>investigation.  I am not happy about it but I do appreciate Leica's
>concern.

I had a similar problem a few weeks ago. At the local dealers open day
we tried a winder on my R8, it wouldn't work. It was OK on the shop demo
body. Eventually we found we had to push the winder quite firmly onto
the camera body and lock it tightly to make it work. After that no
problems. There was no obvious dirt on the camera or winder contacts to
cause the problem.

I was impressed, light, convenient and best of all low noise. I ordered
one.

Bob.