Subject: [Leica] Goggled 21mm conversion
From: "Bob O'Shaughnessy" <oshaughnessy.4@osu.edu>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 18:28:14 -0500

     Tony, I recently resubscribed to the Leica list specifically to get
info on getting the conversion done.  I plan to contact Mr. Mueller soon,
but I have a few questions maybe you or someone else on the list could
answer:

     Does the conversion use the 35mm or 28mm finder frame?

     Can the conversion be done on the new 21mm ASPH?

     Are the goggles removable?  (I'm assuming not as easily as the 50mm
DR, but with screws, like the 35mm RF lenses on which the conversion is
based)

     I'm doing a bit of revamping of my M system and am planning to get
my 21 SA converted.  I might get a M6 too, so I am interested in hearing
from someone who has had the 21mm Elmarit done.  The last information
that I had read said that the Elmarit was not a good candidate for the
conversion because the shade and large front of the lens blocked so much
of the frame.

Bob O'Shaughnessy
Graphic Illustrator
The Ohio State University