Subject: Re: [Leica] Eyeglasses with M6
From: Carol Voelker <voelkerc@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 07:22:29 -0500 (EST)

Bob:

Thanks for the warning and the solution you found.  Apparently Ansel Adams
had misgivings even about bifocals.  He wrote in his book, _The Negative_,
"I do not recommend bifocals, since they can make ground-glass focusing
difficult, and they provide the wrong focus when looking down to check
footing while picking one's way over rough terrain."  His solution was
glasses for his distance correction with "flip-up accessory lenses" for the
close correction.  That sounds too cumbersome and conspicuous for street
wear.  It's good to know you've gotten bifocals to work.

- - Carol Voelker