Subject: [Leica] Lens Tests
From: budcook@ibm.net
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 11:43:53 -0600

I can't understand what anyone can tell from objective lens tests.  How
could I tell that my 35mm Summicron is warmer than my Rigid Summicron which
is warmer than my Macro Elmarit or that all of them produce more pleasing
results w/K25 than the dozen or so Nikon lenses that I've owned?

It's like tests of audio amplifiers.  How can a measurements describe the
differences in sound between a solid state amplifier and a single-ended tube
amp?

Saying that a lens is tack sharp is as meaningless to me as saying that an
amplifier has *clear* sound.

Bud Cook