Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Bulk fim loading - Who & Why
From: "Hans Pahlen" <hans@komvux.skola.mark.se>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 10:29:27 +0100

When using bulk film, there is always a risk getting scratches on the film.
It does not happen all the time, but when I got a scratch on an important
film, I decided to never risk it again. I have gladly been paying the extra
bucks for factory film as an insurance against potential disaster.

A few years ago, I discovered the Leica cassettes, and started using them
for TMAX 100. These cassettes are the only ones I would recommend using, and
they are great for their purpose. I have only 8 of them, and that is why I
use them for only one sort of film.

I use them for my M4 and sometimes for one of my M2:s. As Marvin (and Marc)
have said, the later Solms M6 bodies don't accept the Leica cassettes.
Looking at the inside of the bottom plate, you will easily see the
difference. (My 1987 Solms #1727568 can use them)
Tom's Rapidwinders don't either, but I guess the relevant part could be
transferred from the regular bottom plate to the winder. I think this is
easily done with the use of a screwdriver. Am I right, Tom?
/Hans