Subject: Re: [Leica] Better man than I am (aka R8 Wimpy Winder saga)
From: Dave Munroe <dmunroe@vcd.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 1998 11:29:04 -0800

David Freedman wrote:

>                                     Here I am chomping at the bit for the
> full-fledged motor to be released in the fall just so that I can achieve a
> framing rate half that of my Nikon F5.

Why not just use the F5 then?  I've heard that the F5's matrix metering
is
outstanding.  'course, you won't have the Leica glass...

> It's obvious that Leica is playing
> to a different constituancy than other camera manufacturers.

Well, they're faster than Hasselblad.  I believe the 553 ELX runs at
less
than 2 frames per second (albeit 120 size rollfilm).  Yet, it's still
popular in the fashion industry.

- -Dave