Subject: Re: [Leica] speed of leica lenses & shutter speed
From: Five Senses Productions <fls@5senses.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 16:48:17 -0800

I find an R8 with an 80/1.4 attached to be a difficult load to keep steady.
Nothing longer than 1/8 or 1/15 ever comes out as sharp as a tripod-mounted
camera.  Sometimes I get lucky with 1/30 or 1/45, but I have found that
tripod mounting (if you have the time) pays off BIG time.
The R8 does have that nice mirror lock-up feature though, but I have never
tried
it handheld yet......does anyone use it that way?

Francesco

At 05:03 PM 1/22/98 -0600, you wrote:
>I've handheld both my SL and SL-2 at 1 second (with some reliance on
>steadying walls, chair backs, etc.).  These cameras have much less vibration
>than any of the Nikon F's that I've owned.  I don't know about the later
>versions of the R bodies but the old ones worked pretty well at slow shutter
>speeds and much better than Nikons.
>Bud Cook

Francesco Sanfilippo,
Five Senses Productions