Subject: Re: [Leica] 100/2.8-R macro
From: Five Senses Productions <fls@5senses.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 18:26:23 -0800

I have heard good things about this 100 2.8 APO from EVERYONE on the
list.....not one person has said a bad word about this lens.....it MUST be
amazing!  I have got to get my hands on one......too bad I already have an
80/1.4.  Very close to 100mm...

Francesco

At 07:14 PM 1/22/98 -0500, TEX WORKER wrote:
>I have using the 100 mm APO 2.8 for some three years.  At all distances it is
>my most favored lens.  I just purchased  a 70-180 APO 2.8 and I just hope it
>is a good as the 100mm.
>
>The key word is APO.  This means the lens is corrected to as nearly as
>possible using the entire spectrum of light (as least three different points)
>for focus.  Prior to fluorite and other special glass chromatic aberation was
>corrected using two points and considering the third point.  Now they use
>three points.  This is a rudimentary explanation.  The first lens Leica made
>was the 180 mm F3.4.  This was developed under a gov't contract I believe.
>
>All the APO lens are tops.  I used the 280 mm F2.8 for awhile but the bulk
let
>me leave it at home.  I finally sold it.
>
>Clifton

Francesco Sanfilippo,
Five Senses Productions
webmaster@5senses.com