Subject: Re: [Leica] speed of leica lenses & shutter speed
From: Lucian Chis <chis@ECE.ORST.EDU>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 17:16:45 -0800 (PST)

Well,

A friend of mine who lives in Portland OR now, but I am sure any old
timers from Life or NY in general will remember, Robert Isear, has just
sold his Leicaflexes, but he told me that for vibrationless slow speeds
you can not beat them.
It probably has to do with the mirror dampening and the weight of those
things (don't ever drop them on your foot: the medical bill will beat the
replacement cost of the outfit!.
So indeed they are good performers at slow speeds, but they will not beat
an M.

Lucian