Subject: Re: [Leica] Winogrand/blind shooting
From: Bruce Feldman <feldman@tuj.ac.jp>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 14:36:24 +0900 (JST)

Cary,

I can give you a source for the Winogrand view; I agree it is an
interesting position.  I found it in an article by Mason Resnick, who you
might know as the guy who has the "Black and White World" website (worth
checking out), a confirmed Leica M user himself and former student of
Winogrand's.  His article was in an old Shutterbug; perhaps you could dig
it out of their website.  In the article, Resnick, if I can recall,
describes a street session with Winogrand and the class members.  Somebody
shoots from the hip or chest and Winogrand severely berates him for it.
Needless to say, nobody did it again.  There's some other Winogrand
folklore in the article that's equally interesting.

Regards,

Bruce Feldman