Subject: Kodachome 64 on the R8
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 19:36:27 -0500

Pete wrote:

<<<Is there a slight biasing of exposure in the matrix mode towards over
exposure on the R8? I kind of get this feeling from shooting my own R8, but
am looking for some expanded insight.>>>>>>

Pete,

My experience has been right from the start of using the camera a year ago
that if I went on matrix metering I got transparencies that were on the hot
side for my liking.

So about 99% of the time with slide film I shoot with Intregal metering
(centre weighted). But if I'm working neg film , col. or B&W I found
shooting with the Matrix is better.

Last thing. If I'm in doubt I switch back and forth between the two
metering modes and check what the exposure is for both. Then I either shoot
one using both systems or I know the intregal is going to be OK. But ither
way I haven't lost any frames by just letting the meter do it's own thing.

I think whether you use matrix or intregal, comes down to a personal
prefernce of how you like your transparencies to look.

ted