Subject: Re: Need a hand with R4 Motor Winder
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 02:04:25 -0500

Jim wrote:

<<<Everyone should know that there is a situation that requires a little
more
than just removing the battery holder. >>>>>

Hi Jim,

I saw David Young's response and I've had that happen many times when I got
caught using short rolls. I always use 36 exposure rolls, but on occaision
we ended up with 24 or 20's. Quite frankly a pain in the ass. I don't know
why the manufactureres just don't make them all 36 and get it over with! :)

When the short roll lock-up happened I did as David, remove the battery
case and re-insert. But I never did it easily, as I was usually "P'd" off
and just slammed it back in. And it always worked. I think there was a
physical message besides the power from the batteries! :)

I don't take kindly to mechanical things that do not function in the manner
I was lead to believe they would and should!

I've never run into your situation any time. Maybe you just treated it too
kindly. Hell there isn't anything like a good whack on the side of the
camera body to wake some of them up to get their exposure ass in gear! :)

Just thought you'd like to know it doesn't do any good treating the R's
like ladies. :)

ted