Subject: Re: on the run
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 11:43:30 -0600

At 10:24 AM 11/12/97 -0800, you wrote:

>system.=A0 It seems clumsy and awkward compared to any other 35mm system=20
>that I've used.=A0 Now that I'm committed, how in the heck do you load it=
=20
>on the run?=A0 I can load my Nikons almost with my eyes closed, but I feel=
=20
>like I'm all thumbs with my M6.

When I had an M6 before I always thought it was a bit of a hassle. But a
note on the list a while back got me thinking.=20

I have found that futzing around with it is the wrong thing to do. Put the
film in just like the diagram on the inside of the bottom of the camera
shows. Slip the end of the film into the middle of the three prong thingie.
Then push the film cartridge down so that it's not on top of the rewind
protrusion, but seated. Don't worry about the teeth in the sprockets lining
up. Advance the film a tiny bit if you aren't sure, or just close the
bottom up. The round thing that presses against the leader makes it line up
with the sprocket teeth. Turn the rewind knob until it tensions, and then
advance the film through two or three shots and watch the rewind know=
 rotate.=20

It sound's like a lot of work, but once you get it, it's fast and natural.
I am actually not annoyed any more! The main thing is, do it, and don't
futz around.
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO