Subject: Re: Frans Lanting/previsualization
From: chris@chrismorrow.com (Christoper Morrow)
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 11:55:39 -0500

At 11:19 AM +0200 on 11/11/97, Kari Eloranta wrote:

> Harrison wrote on Lanting:
>
> >he shoots no more than 6 rolls a day.  Very selective in what he
> >shoots. He said he did not like to look at bad photos and looking
> at >his own bad  photos depressed him so he shot fewer photos
> waiting >for the right moments
>
> And results he gets! Just saw the book "Eye to Eye" a few days ago.
> Stunning. I'm inclined to think that at those very close encounters
> that he makes he coldn't even use motor because of the noise.
>
> It's funny people buy into volume shooting stories. Some people
> think that e.g. Salgado shoots enormous amounts. He must, how could
> he otherwise have so much material as to quit Magnum and set up own
> agency. From what I hear he shoots 2-3 rolls per day on longer
> trips. Well, maybe you have to be a grandmaster to get to that level
> of confidence...
>
> Kari

Kari,

If you can, check out the November 1997 issue of National Geographic Mag.
Jim Brandenburg did an assignment where he shot ONE exposure a day for 90
days in a row. Quite amazing.

Chris

Christopher Morrow
Christopher Morrow Photography		Canandaigua, NY
716.394.8810 phone			716.394.4953 fax
http://www.chrismorrow.com