Subject: Re: REPRISE: Gummit Spending
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 08:03:05 +0100

At 10:25 01.11.1997 -0500, you wrote:

>Mozart and van Gogh were successful WITHOUT "government support of the

Mozart got gov. support, and Vincent van Gogh was definitely _not_
successful. One pic was sold while he lived, and there are still doubts that
he knew about it. So, the only ones who made & make real profit out of van
Gogh are some clever $$ persons after his death. I do not support this or an
attitude, which supports this.

>Definitions of art vary, Alf.  It would be wrong for me to steal your money
>and to use it to pay for something which you find silly, tasteless or
>offensive.  It is equally wrong for you to theft me of my goods and
>possessions to do likewise.

Unfortunately, I cannot decide gov's usage of my money, and I'm put into
jail, if I don't pay. So, I'm glad that gov, which is absolutely successful
to cut money in the social area, also supports something, which does not
kill, destroys food, or is business mainly - even if it's as alibi only.

I - at least - want to see more of your lovely country and people than oil
industries, peanut butter, or another CIA success.

Alf