Subject: Re: a couple of questions
From: Fred Hess <fredhess@worldaccess.nl>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 18:11:05 +0100

Damian Dlugolecki wrote:

> Can someone tell me what is the function of the protruding metal stud on
> the left hand side of my M2 and M3 just above the baseplate?  Is it
> intended to accomodate an accessory of some kind?
It use is to optimize the fit of flashbrackets and the use of the camera
in combination with several close-up gears such as focussing-slides,
Reprovits etc. It was also used by the special "Benser"-bottom-plate
with holts/holded 2 M-lenses. In the early M-Leica-days this stud was
standard mounted on the camera. Later on it was only standard on f.i.
LEICA MD and MDa. It was only fitted on Leica M4 on request (to my
knowledge)

> Some of you refer to generation of 35mm f2 summicrons.  Can anyone tell me
> where I could get a breakdown of the generations, their serial #'s and how
> they differ qualitatively.  Mine is #2133xxx and I am very happy with it.

I have no information about this matter.>

- --
Fred Hess

Den Haag   / the Hague
Nederland / the Netherlands (NL)

tel + 31 70 325 83 12    fax + 31 70 325 86 34