Subject: Re: Yellow cast
From: Fred Hess <fredhess@worldaccess.nl>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 1997 22:20:23 +0100

Hamlet wrote:

> I looked through my 50 f/2 lens at a white piece of paper and found that
> there was a strong yellow cast to the image. I tried this also with an 80mm
> Planar for Hasselblad and it too had this yellow cast. Is such an
> occurrence normal ?
>
> --adi

This could caused by oxidation of the kitlayers between your
lenselements. There could be cracks in the varnish at the sides of your
kitted lenselements. This allows oxygen to stain your kitlayers.
I once experienced this  phenomenon with a Telyt-M 1:6.8/560mm. The
factory in Wetzlar, replaced for me the kitlayer, free of charge!!
(15 years ago!).

- --
Fred Hess

Den Haag   / the Hague
Nederland / the Netherlands (NL)

tel + 31 70 325 83 12    fax + 31 70 325 86 34