Subject: Re: Chrome for prints
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 22:16:03 -0500

>hello- was just wondering if a cibachrome would be more "archival" then any
>prints from a color neg?  thanks... miguel fabie of the philippines

Not according to a study by Henry Wilhelm, who conducted an extensice
series of accelerated fading tests on a whole bunch of papers, inks, dyes,
and standard colour papers, such as Fujicolor Super FA5 (apparently the
most archival) and Cibachrome.  I was mailed a GIF image (about 40k) of a
summary of his results from another mailing list, and if anyone is
interested, please email me in private, and I will forward it to you.

Dan Cardish	<mailto:dcardish@microtec.net>