Subject: Re: Books
From: Dave Munroe <dmunroe@vcd.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 16:42:06 PDT

> But I am an enthusiastic R user, and would like one either on the history
> of Leica (M & R), or one that covers the R line fairly thoroughly.  At
> present, I have only a 'Leica Handbook' (May 87) and Hove's 'Leica Pocket
> Book' - 5th edition.
>
> Any suggestions?

David,

There is an amazing book on the history of Leica -- I'm not sure of the
exact title but it is something like "History of Leica Cameras" -- I saw
it only once at Powell's bookstore in Portland and it was $90 in used but
near-mint condition.  I'm sorry I didn't buy it on the spot, but at the
time $90 was a bit much.

Anyway, it's about 11x14" and has the largest, sharpest, most beautiful
photos of the M-cameras that I've ever seen.  If anyone knows the exact
title and author or publisher, I too would be grateful.

- -Dave