Subject: Re: Logic of meter diodes on M6
From: Dave Munroe <dmunroe@vcd.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 1997 16:10:22 PDT

>      Well, there were two choices: the arrows could tell you which
> way your exposure is erring, or they could tell you which way to
> make an adjustment to correct it.

Since I read or scan from left to right and conceptually think of underexposure
coming before overexposure, I interpret the arrows this way:

	- the leftmost arrow means underexposure and it points towards
	  the adjustment direction

	- the rightmost arrow means overexposure and it points towards
	  the adjustment direction

My problem is that I usually have set an aperture I want to keep, and thus
twiddle the shutter speed dial instead.

- -Dave