Subject: Re: 35 & 50 M lenses??
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 21:49:16 -0700

I've wondered the same about the "cheap" feeling of my 35 Summicron (4th
version). The optics are fantastic, but the plastic f-stop ring and mushy
f-stop indents leave a less than satisfying feel to the lens. Sort of like
being presented a rare and finely aged wine in a styrofoam cup. Leica, tell
us, what bean-counter there made some hapless engineer save $10 on a $1500
lens by going with plastic?

Gary