Subject: Re: Good Tele M Lens
From: Simon Ogilvie <simon_ogilvie@ionica.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 97 16:36:00 BST

Stephen,
I was interested in your comments about the 90/4 Rokkor lens.
I've just bought an old 90/4 Elmar screw-mount lens with a
screw-to-M adaptor.  I assume that the Rokkor is considered
optically superior to this Elmar?

I bought it cheap, with the idea that if I grow to like that focal
length, I'll buy something better later on.  What would be my
best options in that length, given that I won't be able to afford
anything better than a 2.8 Elmarit?  Isn't the Rokkor the same
as the Elmar-C lens?  Would the extra stop of a 2.8 lens be
worth the extra money?

Simon.