Subject: Re: Good Tele M Lens
From: Stephen <cameras@jetlink.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 1997 20:31:58 -0700

Hi,

For landscapes, many people choose slower lenses that are lighter to
carry all day.  BTW these lenses are also usually sharper than their
faster counterparts.

The 75/1.4 and 90/2 are fine portrait lenses, but I wouldn't want to
carry their weight all day in my camera bag.  The current version of the
90/2.8 is also surprisingly heavy.

For the 90 in landscape I would carry the 90/4 Rokkor made the CLE.  Its
a very small, very light, and very sharp lens.  luckily it also costs
less than any of the above three.   My site has info on this lens and
the other lenses for the CLE at http://cameraquest.com/cle.htm

The 135/2.8 is a large heavy lens also.  The 135/4 Tele-Elmar is not
only about half the size, but also generally considered the better lens
of the two.

Regards,

Stephen Gandy