Subject: Re: OFF TOPIC. Help with low light b/w and Tmax
From: Welch <Bill.Welch@pressroom.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 15:16:55 -0700

ted grant wrote:

> Interesting you should mention that as the T400CN prints look "too
> perfect".
>
> I don't know if that is the way to put it ...
>
> There is a "real film look" to traditional silver emulsions that the T400CN
> doen't have, which in turn makes the prints though shot in available light
> situations almost look as though they were set-ups in a studio.

That's a good way to put it, Ted. In fact, I thought XP2 had a little of
that too perfect look sometimes too. While that may not be the look you
want in some cases, it can be great in others.  I had this experience
with it: I shot a bunch of outdoor stuff on assignment. The client liked
it and filled their annual report with it but couldn't settle on a cover.
I pulled out a single print from my personal-work files, similar subject
matter shot on XP2 outdoors, with a tonal quality that I thought was
stunning. Bingo, they made it the cover.
	And we both agree this new Kodak stuff is even better! I think
it's one terrific tool, but not one for every set of circumstances.

Bill