Subject: Small meters
From: Stephen Kobrin <kobrins@wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 08:33:21 -0400

Although there was only very limited interest in my question about small
meters for use with LTM cameras, I thought it might be useful to pass on
where I ended up.  (Who knows how many lurkers are behind every reply?)  I
found two new (?) Sekonic meters which are small, light, simple match
needle models which meet my needs perfectly.  The L-188 (which I bought)
has a battery and its counterpart (L-178 or something like that a selenium
cell).  They are very similar, although the L-188 is a bit smaller and
lighter.  They are about the same size as the small Gossen (I forget
whether it is the Pilot or Scout) and much thinner.

The L-188 has a battery test button and is operated by pushing another
button which activates the meter and then matching the needle to the
pointer.  Of interest to LTM users is that shutter speeds of 100 and 200
are clearly marked by lines just below the 125 and 250 notations.

I paid about $80 for the L-188, which is probably too much.

Now that I am set to use my IIIf regularly, I do need some help. Is there
an adaptor that will allow use of 39mm filters (for the Summicron) on the
Summitar which, I believe, is designated E-36.5.

Steve