Subject: Re: Leica nuggets
From: "Thomas J. Donovan" <75674.3465@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 01 Sep 97 11:01:20 EDT

Ted Grant,

Just have to tell you I've been very busy with my R8/70-180 in the back roads of
Wisconsin. Now is the time to be out there shooting the barns, farms,
cornfields, & winding roads in the light of the setting sun. It's amazing just
how beautiful these rural patterns are & how complex it is to capture it on film
:~)!

I shot some Fuji Astia with my 70-180, using a colorful Russian Santa Claus as a
subject; all in intense indirect light. Good golly, I've never seen a more
beautiful rendition; highlight details are incredible. The whites, colors, &
textures are very pure & detailed. I'd have to say that Fuji Astia & Leica Apo
glass are a magical combo!

I'll be joining your seminar in Kennebunkport in October; I was very lucky in
that I was on a waiting list. Can you convince Leica USA to bring a R-80 f1.4 &
a R-90 f2 to the seminar. I would sure like to understand their optical
signatures ;~)!

Tom D.