Subject: Re: Viewfinder Colors
From: "Thomas J. Donovan" <75674.3465@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 16 Aug 97 02:16:52 EDT

David Almy,

>>I have noticed today a significantly warm color cast when looking thru my
new<<
                                                     >>R8's viewfinder<<

Per my Leica regional rep, Leica introduced a slight bluish cast, in order to
increase the contrast level.  I rather like it & actually prefer it over the
R7's viewfinder.

I once compared slides from a Contax 100 f2 with Leica slides & noticed a
similar
bluish "cool" hue within slides produced by the Contax glass. Per Leica reps,
the Contax Zeiss designers did this to enhance contrast; perhaps, Leica picked
this idea up from Contax & liked how it enhances the R8 viewfinder!

Tom D.