Subject: Leica Use (thanks)
From: "Ferdinand U. LuDo" <fld@mozcom.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 09:13:29 +0800

Hello Luggers,

Special mention to:Detlef Beyer, Richard Clompus, Ben Holmes, Joe
Berenbaum, & Tore Larsen for responding on my M6 concern.

Honestly there is no doubt in my mind that the M lenses are superb both
optically and mechanically. This is the main reason why I would like to own
an M6. I think they are really built to last. I think its really more of
the body I'm concerned off. The R bodies also comes to my mind but I still
like the compactness of the M6.

You have to understand my concerns regarding the M6 reliability and
durability since I live in the Philippines and no one can fixed or adjust
the M6 for me in case something needs adjustment or something goes wrong
with it. There are no dealers here, or no service center whatsoever for
Leica stuff. I will purchase the M6 from either Hong Kong or Singapore
hopefully x'mas time.

Everytime a fellow lugger post some problems, concerns, etc. on his M6, it
greatly concerns me because what will I do with this camera if ever if
needs some attention to it and no one can do/fix it for me here in this
part of the world. I don't want to be mailing or sending it off to Hong
Kong or Singapore for repairs esp. the mailing/postal service is not so
reliable in this country. That is why when I buy cameras I make sure it
won't give me problems. The EOS1n and my Hasselblad has both been trouble
free since the time I imported them from USA and Singapore (knock on wood).
I hope to expect the same out of the Leica M6.

Would you fellow luggers advise that after I purchase the M6 from Singapore
or HK that I try it out a few days before going back home to Philippines to
see if there are any problems with it ?? what should be the things I should
look out for ?

Thanks again, greatly appreciate the support and advises from this
wonderful group.

Ferdinand