Subject: Re: Leica Use (thanks)
From: "Jacques Bilinski" <jbilin@axionet.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 18:31:48 -0700

> You have to understand my concerns regarding the M6 reliability and
> durability since I live in the Philippines and no one can fixed or adju=
st
> the M6 for me in case something needs adjustment or something goes wron=
> with it. There are no dealers here, or no service center whatsoever for
> see if there are any problems with it ?? what should be the things I
should
> look out for ?

Like someone said it is fairly meaningless to make generalizations based =
on
a few complaints. Having said that I have an M6 still under waranty which
has recurring problem with sticky viewfinder frames. So make sure you che=
ck
that. Also check that the rangefinder is correctly calibrated at infinity.
If you really don't want to get stuck without a camera from a purely
statistical point of view for the price of an M6 you could buy 3 or 4
Cannon Elans and 2 dozen lithium batteries.=20

Jacques Bilinski           =F4=BF=F4          =20
Vancouver, Canada        ~    =20
jbilin@ NOSPAM axionet.com                    =20