Subject: Re: first impressions of a new user
From: Harrison McClary <hmphoto@delphi.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 1997 20:56:16 -0500

Fantoni,

I agree with you said about using the Leica.  I am in the  process of
shooting a travel magazine and just spent the day hiking over the mountians
of western North Carolina.   I was lugging around my EOS 1, 80-200 2.8L,
20-35 2.8L and my new M6 with 90 tele-elmarit 2.8M.  I found the M6 much
more fun to shoot for several reasons.
1.  It is a much lighter camera.
2.  Being fully manual it is more like the cameras I learned photography on.
 Even though I keep my EOS on manual I sometimes feel the camera is one big
expensive point & shoot.

I must agree with you about the finder.  I have found that depending on how
I look through the camera the focusing square is mostly white, or good and
clear.  Could this be because of my eye sight?  I have the diopters in my
other camera bodies, and I refuse to shoot wearing glasses I just can't see
when wearing them.  I know there was a thread about this several weeks ago,
but it seems that had something to do with the angel of a bright light in
the front of the camera.  I can litterally see the square shift in intensity
while looking through the camera as I move my eye around the finder, and
there is nothing to create a flare in the finder.

Also are there any metal hoods for use with the 90 tele-elmarit 2.8M latest
version.  I do not much care for the rubber hood that came with it.

Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto