Subject: Re: first impressions of a new user
From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 14:43:38 +0100 (BST)

At 20:56 01/07/97 -0500, you wrote:

>Also are there any metal hoods for use with the 90 tele-elmarit 2.8M latest
>version.  I do not much care for the rubber hood that came with it.
>Harrison McClary

The metal hood no. 12575 works well on it, and has its own cap with which it
can be reversed over the lens. It is vastly superior to the rubber hood, the
designer of which should have been sacked on the spot and sent to work for
Petri, Miranda or Chinon, where he could have had the career he deserved.
I'm assuming you're talking about the Tele-Elmarit-M 90 (the so-called
"Thin" Tele-Elmarit as opposed to the earlier "Fat" Tele-Elmarit) and not
one of the Elmarit 90's- some people call the latter a Tele-Elmarit for some
reason. Hmmmm; I'm getting to be slightly acidic these days. Still, I'm 47,
it's a funny age.

Joe Berenbaum