Subject: Re: Leica-Users List Digest V1 #514
From: pgs@pa.dec.com (Patrick Sobalvarro)
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 18:47:17 -0700

   Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 16:56:38 -0400
   From: Carl Socolow <csocolow@microserve.net>

   Just got off the phone with Ara at New England Photo. He called
   Abrahamson after my inquiry about Leicavits fitting M2 and M3 and
   apparently Abrahamson has just made a limited production of 30 winders
   to fit these bodies.

This is just the sort of information that leads to irresponsible
behavior.  What's good for my M2 is bad for my budget.

What I don't understand about this is how Abrahamsson has made a
Leicavit copy for the M2 that will also fit an M3.  Seems like if that
was easy, Leica would have done it when they introduced the Leicavit.
Recall that the M2 is basically a mass-market MP, which was the first
M to accept a Leicavit, and so the M2 would accept a Leicavit from an
MP.  It had somewhat different guts from an M3, and my understanding
was that the MP Leicavit would not fit an M3.

- -Patrick