Subject: Re: Leica-Users List Digest V1 #514
From: Carl Socolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 16:56:38 -0400

- - ----------
> From: mdw3@leguin.acpub.duke.edu
> To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
> Subject: Re: Leicavit for M
> Date: Sunday, June 15, 1997 9:07 PM
>
> The product to which you refer is the Abrahamsson Rapidwinder for
> M4-P, M4-2 and M6.  It was developed in the 1980's as an alternative
> to the disappearing numbers of functioning and affordable Leicavit
> winders available, and is produced by Tom Abrahamsson in Canada.  The
> price is approximately $500 US, and it is 14mm tall and weighs 120
> grams.  It is available only from the manufacturer, as far as I know:
>
> Tom B. Abrahamsson
> Industrial Designer, Photographer
> #203-1512 Yew Street
> Vancouver, BC
> Canada V6K 3E4
>
> Source: Leica M Compendium, Jonathan Eastland (Hove).
>
> Hope this helps,
> Michael Weisberg

Just got off the phone with Ara at New England Photo. He called
Abrahamson after my inquiry about Leicavits fitting M2 and M3 and
apparently Abrahamson has just made a limited production of 30 winders
to fit these bodies. Otherwise, his regular Leicavit is only for the
M4-2, M4-P and M6. I'm not sure whether I'm going to get one or not but
they are available black or chrome for under $600 U.S. Perhaps if
there's enough demand he'll make a second production run. Who knows. I
think I'd rather save my money for that used 21 Elmarit 2.8 that one of
you wants to sell me at a great price.

Carl Socolow