Subject: Weston Meters (OFF TOPIC!)
From: David Young <youngs@IslandNet.com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 17:29:55

Fellow LugNuts!

A couple of weeks ago, in the loft of an old barn, I discovered a mint (and
do I mean mint!) Weston 715 exposure meter that belonged to my lady's
father. It still works perfectly!  This meter is virtually without a
sratch, and has the original cloth carry strap (though that has some twists
in it), but no case.

Might anybody here have any idea of age or what value it might have as a
user, or to a collector?  (And does anybody remember how to convert Weston
film speed to ASA/DIN cum ISO speeds?)

This meter won't be for sale. She has offered it to me, but if it has any
monetary value,  I'd like to offer her a fair price for it.

I know this is not Leica related (though I will likely use it with my
Leica).  I just hoped that with the level of expertise on this list,
someone might be able to give me some ideas.  (A post to rec.photo brought
no response....)

As always, many thanks for your time and thoughts...

David Young          |  Over the hill?
Victoria, CANADA     |  I don't remember
youngs@IslandNet.co  |  any hill ...