Subject: R Finder-Screen Question
From: David Young <youngs@IslandNet.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 15:14:02

Fellow Lug-nuts:

I love my R5, but have difficulty focusing my 500mm/f8, or 1000mm/f11
mirror lenses. The microprism/split-image rangefinder in the center is
useless, and the groundglass is a bit hard to see for my old/tired eyes...
So I have three questions:

[1] Should I be using one of the other 4 replacement screens and if so,
which one?

To save everyone rushing to look these up, these are #14304 (uniform
groundglass), #14305 (microprism screen), #14306 (uniform groundglass
w/grid) and #14307 (clearglass w/crosslines).

[2] Where might I shop for a used one?

and

[3] What might I expect to pay for it?

As usual, many thanks for any and all advice.

Cheers!

David Young          |  Many hands make light work.
Victoria, CANADA     |  Too many cooks spoil the broth.
youngs@IslandNet.co  |  I'm confused....