Subject: Re: 2.8/90 Rankings
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 17 May 97 10:47:50 EDT

Tina wrote:
<<<<The only things that matter to me are: how heavy is it?  how much light can
it gather?  and is it made by Leica? (if you're up to your ass in mud, the only
camera that will work is a Leica-M)>>>>

Hi Tina,

<<<>Guys. (and Gals?)>>>>>  OOPS!  sorry Tina. :)

The weight is slowly (sometimes it seems quickly) becoming a greater factor in
what I shoulder bag carry than it did even a few years ago. I guess me becoming
68 in a couple of weeks might have something to do with it! :)  Even though I
work out regularly.

I was on assignment earlier this week and getting on and off planes, in and out
of vehicles the bag just seemed to gain more weight each time it had to be
moved.

In the bag were the following:

	1/ R7, motor attached
	2/ R8  35-70 attached
	3/ M6  35 summilux attached
	4/ 70-180 2.8
	5/ 28 2.8
	6/ 15 3.5
	7/ 100 macro
	8/ 1.4 extender & macro adapter
	9/ 30 rolls of film
	and sundry other bits and small pieces.

I figure the next shoot if it looks like I can get away with a couple of M6's
and two lenses I'm outta here real light weight! :)

ted, ( the older)
Victoria, Canada
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant