Subject: Re: 2.8/90 Rankings
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 17 May 97 10:47:47 EDT

<<<To me the closer focusing ability of the f/4 would mean more than the extra f
stop, other things being equal.>>>>>>

Hey Roger,

You just taught me something else! :)

Whenever I saw anything about the 280, f.4 I never bothered reading about it,
simply because I have the 2.8 and never thought about it in any other use than
sports and with the extenders requiring the 2.8.

However on many occaisions since I purchased the 2.8 in '84 I have wished it
would focus closer.  I guess I should spend more time reading the "technical"
aspects of the knew glass as they come out.

thanks again,

ted

PS:  Now that's a "thought for the day" that a number of folks could think about
before bitching on paying taxes!

<<<Thought for the day:
    The only thing that hurts more than paying income tax
    is not having to pay income tax.>>>>>>>>>