Subject: R8 CAM LEICA RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!!
From: Ted Grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 24 Mar 97 16:24:41 EST

               ATTENTION -- ATTENTION -- ATTENTION - ATTENTION

           LEICA R8 OWNERS or those contemplating purchasing an R8

  THERE IS NO DANGER IN USING ___ANY___ 1,2,3 CAM R-SERIES LENSES ON THE R8!!!

 Leica Camera AG at Solms through extensive testing over the past few of days on
the R8 and it's compatibility with older 1,2, or 3 cam R-series lenses has
conclusively  determined "THERE IS NO DANGER IN USING 1,2,3 CAM R-series LENSES
ON THE R8.

There was one (1) camera repair which led us to believe there was a "possible
problem". Unfortunately leading to the release of an earlier memo before
extensive tests were done to confirm the situation. We apologize to our
customers for issuing incorrect information last week. We trust you will accept
our apology and be assured there isn't any problem whatsoever with using your
lenses with the R8 body.

Brian E. Bell
Leica Camera Inc.
Northvale. New Jersey