Subject: R8
From: deg <degu@mail.provide.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 16:37:50 -0500

LUGs -

I saw and held an R8 for the first time today. My first impression was wow,
huge! It fir my hands well, shutter speed ring was bigger dia than a quarter!
It had a nice all around feel to it. I then held the F5. On tactile feedback alone,
I preferred the feel of the F5. I liked its switch feel and robust packaging. Both
seemed big/heavy for an all day city or trail hike.Next to these giants was an
M6. It looked like a pocket sized p&s. I'm glad I own an M6 :-)

Also, on 90mm lenses... Do I understand correctly that there are older 90's
that are more compact than the current 90/2.8 ? The current one looks
compact to me, and has the slick hood built in. Can anyone give me some
feedback on 90mm lens size and performance new vs. old?

Thanks,
Bob