Subject: RE:R8
From: John Irvin Buford <jbuf@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 19:53:46 -0800

Well I finally got to handle one for the first time today.  I liked it
very much and I want one as soon as the motor drives are available.   The
thing that I found most impressive is that the viewfinder is so bright
and contrasty.  THe built-in flash meter, meter read out. Upgrading the
lenses with the computer chip is only helpful when you are using a
dedicated TTL (METZ) flash, if you are using a long or zoom lens for
instance it tranfers this information to the flash, but other than that I
do not see where it will benefit you at all at $150.00 per lens.  As far
as getting one right away  the rep said today that they would not really
be available until March or April.    This is the first SLR that has been
completely made by Leica since the R3.

HTH
JOhn