Subject: LHSA - old and new
From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@iol.ie>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 22:32:42 +0000

Hi Guys.

I'm at a slight disadvantage in this debate because my copy of Viewfinder
only arrived yesterday.

From the looks of it, it had swum the Atlantic to Ireland because I had to
prise most of the stuck-together pages apart. I've heard of offset
printing, but this is ridiculous.

As far as I can make out, there was a coup d'etat at LHSA in Tucson in the
shape of a President and VP elected from the floor against the wishes of
the nominating committee. This seems to indicate a lot of unhappiness
amongst the rank-and-file membership on the previous direction of LHSA. Can
someone fill me in on the details?

The two most interesting things that I gleaned (apart from what I could
read of the articles) were:

1) There's a German Leica association called:

Leica Historica
Fax: +49 5042 75 333

Address:

Banhofstrasse 55
31848 Bad Munder
Germany

Contact : Klaus Grothe

Annual sub: DM70

All LHSA members (and presumably anyone else) are cordially invited to join.

2) LHSA (at long last) have discovered the delights of email:

Randol Hooper (Viewfinder's new editor) can be contacted at:

leica_man@msn.com

That's what it says here anyway.

For myself, what goes on in terms of political infighting within the US
Leica Club is irrelevant. If the LHSA wants to incline more to the
collectors' rather than the users' viewpoint, good luck to them. It's still
interesting reading.

In our own forum we are blessed with being able to discuss any
Leica-related topic from any viewpoint we like. Maybe they've a thing or
three to learn from us...?

Slan

Alex

Alex Hurst