Subject: Re: leica cl
From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@iol.ie>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 21:21:12 +0000

Peter J. Fasi wrote:

>On a related note, I lost the instruction manual to my Leica CL and had
>not used the meter because of accuracy problems. There is a 'flag' that
>appears in the top right-hand corner or the viewfinder at certain
>shutter speeds. Any idea what this indicates?

Just got my CL (with 2/40 Rokkor) out of the cupboard (closet to most of
you LUGers). Thanks for reminding me I hadn't used it lately.

The 'flag' on mine appears at 1/60. What you then do is to make sure that
when you press the little button at 5 o'clock to the lens (as you look at
it), that the needle swings to the cut-out in the middle of the scale on
the r/h side of the viewfinder. This purports to mean you have a healthy
battery - which mine does. If you do it the way I've suggested, it might
also be advisable to have two heads.

BTW - the meter needle on mine sticks with monotonous regularity.
Workaround: open up to 1/2 second, and it should swing. Then increase the
shutter speed/ reduce aperture. The meter itself is extremely accurate.
It's a great little camera.

Slan

Alex

Alex Hurst