Subject: Newsgroups & Stuff
From: Paul Winkfield <paul@dunx1.ocs.drexel.edu>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 23:42:58 -0500 (EST)

Hi All! The Leica creates a kind of passion that no other camera does.
Sure the MF guys may have 'civil' discussions but how can you get excited
over a Speed Graphic?

Many newsgroups are suffering SPAMMING from all kinds of strange people;
One group that suppose to have pictures of electric powered transit
vehicles (trolleys and trams etc) gets spammed with porn so much its like
work wading thru it.

I find this group really exciting, the discussions have been useful and
entertaining, (i loved the thread on hats!) My mailbox fills with 90 msgs
per day, I spend bout 2-4 hours on the net gathering or providing content;
and delete blocks of mail that dont interest, I guess since this is so
new to people,(i've been online for years, since datacomm is my business) it
can be overwhelming.

So...i prefer unmoderated, let it all hang out Leica and related talk to
continue!
<paul>
If we can fire our Ms at speeds up to 1k of a second,
why not the delete key?