Subject: Re: white paint
From: John Irvin Buford <jbuf@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 1996 16:21:45 -0800

To the ARtist formally known as Ben;
	This is a tried an true method taught to me by an old cmaera
technican and gunsmith, that I have had the pleasure to know for some
time.

	If the item is chrome, use a gut eraser to clean off the excess
	( you can buy these in a big stationary store or art supply, do
	not use an ink eraser)

	If the item is black use a little napthlene or lighter fluid to
	clean it up.  Use sparingly, put some on a rag and wipe off the
	item, do not 	soak the camera or lens.

	Get some modeler's paint it usually comes in 1/4 ounce bottle's
	using a needle or a stickpin put a few drops of paint over the
	engraved area that you want to restore, cover the area.  Then
	guickly wipe off the excess with some type of straight edge.  A
	business works just fine.  Sometime you will have a light glaze
	of paint after you use the straight edge, then wait for it to dry
	and clean it up with the lighter fluid.

	The only thing to be careful about with procedure, is that
sometimes you will hae an older camera that was engraved but the
engraving was not  meant to be painted in, you will never get it to hold
paint.  I found this out the hard way, be trying to renew the logo on my
SL body.

BTW: I am in Philadelphia, near the zoo.

I hope this helps
John