Subject: Happy returns
From: firkin@netconnect.com.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1996 07:59:24 +1000

Yesterday it was my birthday
I hung one more year on the line
I should be depressed
but I got an M6
and a I'm having a good time
[with apologies to Mr Simon]

Yes after reading all that has gone on here [including mugged] and raving
about the group, Helen must have got it into her head that I was feeling a
bit down at using the little cousin [CLE] and surprized me with M6: 2002731
and a 35mm: 3710423. It doesn't look that old and with the lens feels a bit
heavier than the old M3, but I went wandering aroung the botanical gardens
in the evening and was surprized at how quick it was to focus/meter and use
and it is much quieter than my other cameras [bar the Rollei]. I doubt the
first film will be a masterpiece, but the challenge is there, and I'm going
to have lots of questions for the group.

Alastair