Subject: first roll
From: firkin@netconnect.com.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 1996 14:47:51 +1000

A brief update. My birthday Leica has now been trialled. I have just
reviewed my first roll of prints [ISO 100 Kodak film]. I tried the 35 Asp
in the botanical gardens mainly in late evening backlight situations, took
some indoor shots down to 1/15 sec of my birthday dinner [the colour
saturation and contrast are very pleasing], was forced to use a flash as
the evening wore on, tried the visoflex with 65 Elmar [for some roof tiles
from my window type shots] and some action pictures of the dogs with the 35
again. [every time I bent down they wanted to kiss the camera so I may have
to stick to longer focal lengths here !]. This was a pure trial, but the
very first shot of the statues, backlighted trees and the winding
en-tous-cas gravel pathways is enough to convince me that I will love this
camera. This weekend we will be down on the coast and then off to a picnic
race meeting in beautiful Stawell. I shall run a roll of Kodachrome through
it. [Our Kodachrome was once made in Australia, [now in the EC], but is
still processed by Kodak Australia and still my favourite film to add to a
thread. My grandfather's 30 year old shots of Central Australia are as
fresh as the day his Zeiss Ikon took them, and no comment of longevity has
been made ! Please yellow Santa bring back 120 roll film.] I have two weeks
now to organize for christmas, tidy the house, and get a home page up and
running.

Can anyone give me an EDD of my M6; 2002731 [Estimated Date of Delivery].

Cheers

Alastair