Subject: Re: film loading
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 96 08:19:58 -0800

>Okay, since this seems settled that the old system is as good (maybe better)
>than the new system, one last question.

I don't really know that the discussion has settled anything, really. I
owned
both TM Leicas and (briefly) an M2, also my M4-P. I'd take the M4 film
load
over the TM and M2/M3 anyday, never had a moment's trouble with it.

>Does the M3 require the cutting of
>the film similar to the screw mounts? How exact does this have to be, or
>does one NEED the template?

I never bothered to trim the leaders on any of my cameras. Certainly my
home
loads had short leaders. The TM and M2 loaded up just fine anyway.

Godfrey