Subject: Re: Contax, Minox, Rollei, Konica Why are they discussed here.
From: "Charles E. Dunlap" <cdunlap@rupture.ucsc.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 16:29:02 -0700

>John Irvin Buford wrote:
>>
>> What is happenong to this list, I thought that it was the Leica list not
>>the COntax,
>ROllei, Minox list...
>
><snip>
>
>Several of us are using different cameras and it is useful having these
>discussions linked together. I was also religious about Leica once, but
>after all photography is a huge affair. I am not against starting other
>groups, but I am against blinkers...
>
>Oddmund

Yeah, I've enjoyed the diversion. The way I view it, we all love our Leica
equipment and sharing that common experience allows us a base from which to
discuss other brands. The Leica is a reference point. These conversations
couldn't take place strictly outside of the list since I feel they refer
back to what we know to be excellent. I think the discussions of film,
enlargers, other cameras for other purposes, etc. are healthy. I'm sure
we'll settle back down into a Leica only mode eventually, and I don't think
the extracurricular topics discourage new threads on matters Leica.

- -Charlie

              Charles E. Dunlap
         Earth Sciences Deptartment
          University of California
            Santa Cruz, CA 95064
Tel.: (408) 459-5228    Fax.: (408) 459-3074