Subject: Re: Viewing slides
From: James J Dempsey <jjd@k12-nis-2.bbn.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 1996 17:22:18 -0500

> I have just begun to shoot slides and find them much more rewarding than
> color prints.  Is there anything available between a light box and loupe and
> a projector and screen?  The small plastic viewers all appear to be of very
> low quality;

The pocket sized slide viewer I really like is called "Slide Viewer"
from Agfa.  (A friend has a german-purchased version that says "Gucki"
where mine says "Slide Viewer")

You insert a slide into it and as you push the slide down it lights up
the rear while you are looking through a relatively high-powered
(plastic) lens.  It is quite sharp and pretty evenly lit.  Much better
than any of the other battery powered slide viewers I have seen.

I think I paid about $15.  I'm not sure where to get them, althought I
know I saw them recently at Zeff Photo Supply in Belmont,
MA. (http://members.aol.com/zeffphoto/index.html)

                       --Jim Dempsey--
                         jjd@bbn.com
              http://frontdoor.bbn.com/users/jjd